9+ Nifty tips to increase traffic to Lifestyle blogs to make money online.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here.
That’s like asking – what’s considered a good day… it’s so broad it depends.
That said, here’s some realities about website traffic generally…
- Under 10K unique visitors a month, it’s very hard to draw any meaningful conclusions from your analytics. You’re just way too small.
- Around 100K a month, you’ll be able to really spot some decent trends in your analytics that will allow you to make better content…
- If you’re drawing a million unique visitors a year, you’re rapidly approaching the top 2% of all websites in the world.
- If you’re at 5-10M a year in unique visitors, you’re a name-brand site in your niche that is routinely visited. It also means you probably have thousands of articles that are drawing a few hundred visits a month through SEO.
- To be in the top 1/2 1% – you need to draw over 10M unique views a month. If you’re at that level… you’re on the level of Drudge, Facebook, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, etc…
- Most websites have less than 3000 visitors a month… and by most I mean like 98%.
How much Traffic is good for your Blogging Business to grow.
It’s a mindset that’s difficult to shift.
While there can sometimes be correlation between visitor numbers and actual business gained, it’s worth comparing these two hypothetical examples:
- A business selling widgets has strong website traffic (2000 visitors per month) but both their marketing activities and website itself have weaknesses within them. The end result is that they gain 20 enquiries from their 2000 website visitors (1%).
- Another business selling the same widgets has relatively low website traffic (500 visitors per month) but their website and marketing focus are much stronger. The end result is that they gain 20 enquiries from their 500 website visitors (4%).
In the examples above, the end result was the same – 20 enquiries each.
The difference was that the website with the lower website visitor numbers had a stronger proposition/ marketing and so benefited more from a lower number of website visitors.
Check out our In-depth Article to Start & Grow a Profitable Blog : 💡📌How to Start a Blog that makes you MONEY! and Blogging Business
Anything less than that is below average, while having it around 50% is considered to be good.
When you get new visitors to your website, some of them will “stick” (return), so you should always be drawing in new visitors – and Sullivan says that 50%-70% is a good range.
SimpleTraffic has helped clients boost their presence through real website traffic.
Real human traffic plays a crucial role since this traffic will keep bringing a steady stream of traffic despite a business spending a lot of time promoting it.
“Apart from free website traffic, customers also get to receive beautiful tracking and reports, friendly support, and the fastest and cheapest real website traffic method out there,” a company representative said in an interview with a local newspaper.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- How to make money Blogging for beginners- My STORY
- How I made $100K Blogging in 2021.
- From the blogger to the entrepreneur: How to make money blogging for beginners
- HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY CREATE AND SELL A DIGITAL PRODUCT
How do you get there?- Start getting better Traffic
Do you feel like you get a good amount of website traffic, just want to do much better?
You are not alone in this. Most company owners have trouble navigating their website and it can be highly deflating..
Do you feel like you get good amount of website traffic , just want to do much better?
You are not alone in this. Most company owners have trouble navigating their website and it can be highly deflating.
After all, you have services to offer.
Excellent stuff. You just need those people to pay attention to something that people want to buy.
Fortunately, you can get more internet traffic on a specific route and method.
There are literally Nine ways that can help you generate more Website Traffic.
We will use these 9 ways to boost the traffic on your website in this blog post.
You will have all the information at the end of the article to raise the scores on traffic and search engines.
Does it Sound good? Read on….
Whether you’re looking to generate more sales, get more email signups, or increase your advertising-income, you first need to know where you’re at right now.
Have ever thought about what impacts website traffic?
There are so many things that impact website traffic (either negatively or positively). We’ve got them into four categories…
- Content Marketing
- Website Copy
- Technical issues related to your website
- Social shares
In this blog post, we’re going to break down each of these categories, telling you exactly how you can improve in each.
Let’s Dive in…
Related Articles ( Blogging)
- How to make money Blogging for beginners- My STORY
- HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY CREATE AND SELL A DIGITAL PRODUCT
- How to Start a Pet Blog and Make Money from Pet Blogging in 2022
- How to start a WordPress blog in less than 2 Hrs Realistically!
- How to Start your Blog-The No fail beginners Guide
1. Write Great Blog
Bring your ideas to life whenever inspiration hits, on your desktop or on the go, by writing and maintaining your blog.
Follow these 6 steps to learn how to create your Niche blog:
- Pick a blog name: Emphasise what your blog posts will be about with a creative name and the keyword of your niche OR You should be answering the Main Questions asked on the google.
- Do you Keyword Research on google . Keyword research is your friend here: you can use a wide range of keyword research tools such as Semrush or Ahrefs to discover the number of monthly searches for particular keywords, and find out how difficult it would be to rank for particular search phrases.
- Make sure You write Min 1000 words Blog And Max Words can be anything between 2000-5000 Words.
The best blog length for SEO in 2021 is 1,860-2,500 Words. Google’s algorithm favours more content when going head to head on shorter content posts, helping blog posts with over 1,000 words perform well on average, and pushing up the average dramatically, according to several studies over the last ten years.
- Blog posts should have 600+ words at a minimum. Having more than 600 words prevents your blog from being considered on your website as ‘thin material’ /Thin Content.
- Use Internal Links and Use your unique tone and voice to share your expertise. Internal Links are There are connections from one page to another in the same domain.
- Every internet site has them. But what most individuals do not know is that internal links can greatly improve the efficiency of a site in search engines when used strategically.Google uses internal links to help discover new content.
- Let’s say that you publish a new web page and forget to link to it from elsewhere on your site. If we assume that the page isn’t in your sitemap, and doesn’t have any backlinks, then Google won’t know it exists.
- Add Click to Tweet Option in your Blogs. This helps the user /Reader to easily Share your content in Twitter.
- Add External Links and add Stats for your Blog(If applicable)
- Share your posts In Social media
Engage with followers by sharing blog posts and replying to comments
Also read: How to write Blog post-10 doable steps to create content
2. Use Content Upgrade
What if you could convert an email list-building machine into each and every blog post?
The way to do that is to use incredibly unique email opt-ins, known as Content Upgrade.
A Content Upgrade offers a highly specific piece of bonus content matched with the topic of a particular article on your blog.
The bonus content offered via the Content Upgrade should be highly actionable and useful.
The bonus content helps the reader take action. Multiple content upgrades should be provided through your blog (most of your blog posts should have one).
You should put the call-to-action inside the body of your blog post. Near the middle of the post at least once, then at the end again.
3.Optimise your content with LSI Keywords
LSI Key Words : words that are closely related to another word.
For example, some of the “LSI keywords” for web design could be WordPress, SEO, Local SEO , website designing, Creativity and so on…
Here, once again, we’re dealing with the same issue—if you’re a decent writer, those words will appear naturally. No extra effort was needed.
And if they don’t, that’s all right. There’s no need to force them in to your content.
4.Perfect your website’s On-Page SEO.
The practise of optimising individual web pages to rank higher in search engines and get more organic traffic is On-Page SEO (also called on-site SEO).
It revolves heavily around optimising for search engine , but also includes the development and optimisation of HTML tags such as title tag and meta descriptions.
- It’s also about fulfilling the purpose of the search( a.k.a search Intent) and offering what they want to the Internet searchers.
- That’s the most crucial move. No amount of “optimisation” will help you rank if you don’t pull that off.
- But it’s always critical, of course, that you keep the ‘big G’ happy.
- Does that means keywords in your meta tags being included?
- Yes, in part. It’s not always absolutely important, however, and it’s just part of the puzzle, a tiny one, at that.
5.Make use of Internal Links across your website
Businesses have increased their traffic by 2-8 times by implementing the right internal Links strategy.
If you are looking for right internal link strategy for your website this article would help you to implement a perfect internal link strategy and you can expect the following good things to be happening to your website as well,
What you get when you have a good internal link strategy implemented on your website?
The SEO efforts are all to achieve the following and you would be ideally guaranteeing those metrics progress by implementing the internal link strategy.
When you have a right internal link strategy in place the following are the direct benefits you would avail:
- The website starts ranking for a wide range of keywords
- Your keywords would continue to progress quickly to the first page
- Your keywords may not suddenly disappear from the search results
- Your keywords may have a stabilized rankings
- Your website starts ranking up for a lot of low competitive and highly converting keywords
- All valid and potential web pages get indexed on search engines
6.Make Use of Social Media
Everyone spends time on social media.So Marketing your website On social media is one of most Lucrative ideas.
It’s a hangout place for people to chat with their friends and get the latest updates on their favourite TV shows.
It is also a place for you to attract new customers to your brand.It’s important for people to get involved with your website. However, social networks are doing their utmost to keep people on the platform.
But you can change it all! Here are five social media tips for your brand to get people to actually visit your websites.
It is very likely that potential customers will learn about your brand on social media before they even land on your website.
So, you’re going to want to make a good first impression. You’re going to need two key people from your team: a graphic designer and a copywriter.
The designer will insure that your logo and profile images represent your brand well.
You may need to adjust colour schemes or image sizes to maximise the visibility of your brand.
Use this strategy to your advantage by only posting links to specific content on your social media channels.
For instance, let’s say you did a new Blog and You can post the link to the Blog only on your Facebook account for 3 days or so.
That exclusivity and FOMO effect will motivate your followers to click the link to your site. Your brand can leverage people’s need to save money.
Start by offering special discounts to your social media accounts. It could be a one-time vacation offer or monthly deals just for your followers.
These incentives will get people to your site, and give visitors a reason to buy from you now, rather than later.
7.Get on to Social Ads
The easiest way to get your website in front of your audience is to put some money in FB Ads.
Facebook has a tonne of options when it comes to targeting your ads, including getting more reach among your current fans; showing an ad only to local business owners who don’t like your Page, and even showing it to people who like your competition.
You can start advertising for as little as $5 a day, and there are a lot of reports and measures to show you what kind of return you’re getting.
It’s not hard to use Facebook to drive traffic to your website, and it can be an effective part of your website
8.Don’t Ignore Local SEO
If your company is a brick and mortar store, local SEO is an important consideration.
For example, when someone types “best Vets near me” on Google, the results are generated by the location of the user.
Tools such as Google My Business can help manage their directory listings and quotes so that they show up in local searches.
9. Use paid Search if your budget allows( Google Ads)
Despite what some people believe, Google has often said that SEO is not pay-to-play: advertising with Google Ads will not improve your organic search rankings.
Not directly, at least. But there are ways that you can use Paid Search (Google Ads) to help improve your SEO strategy.
Using Google Ads data to launch a new SEO strategy is a great way to minimise risk by creating proof-of-concept and testing ideas.
You can also use your PPC data to refine your existing SEO strategy or run ads to enhance and strengthen your organic search results.
10. Use Pinterest Organic Strategy to get more Eyeballs to your website..
Not only is Pinterest an extremely popular platform that allows users to discover, brainstorm, and create, but it also promotes search and discovery in order to bring traffic to businesses who are targeting customers who are ready to buy.
In addition to serving as a search engine and inspiration hub, Pinterest also functions as an online retailer. Consider Google search combined with your website combined with Instagram (but in a vertical format – we’ll get to that eventually).
Do you have a question? Pinterest has the solution, as well as 10 more you didn’t know you needed. As well as providing abundant information for planning your next trip, home improvement project, or artwork – anything under the sun is covered here.
Not only that, but Pinterest can also effortlessly integrate with your eCommerce site, allowing you to use Rich Pins, product advertisements, and conversion-driven creativity to drive more sales.
- Also Read: What is so special about pinterest ?10 Tips to nail Pinterest Marketing for Blogging Business
- Getting Started With Pinterest – A Guide For New Bloggers
All this stuff is really a lot of work. For small business owners, trying to figure out how to get started and what to prioritize might feel like an impossible challenge.
- Optimize for search engines: Use keywords and meta tags to make sure your blog posts are optimized for search engines and increase visibility.
- Guest posting: Reach out to other bloggers and websites in your niche and offer to write guest posts, which will expose your blog to new audiences.
- Use social media: Use social media platforms to promote your blog and reach new audiences.
- Networking: Join online communities and forums in your niche and actively participate in discussions to build relationships and drive traffic to your blog.
- Collaborate with other bloggers: Collaborate with other bloggers in your niche to create content and cross-promote each other’s blogs.
- Create shareable content: Create content that is easy to share on social media platforms and encourage your readers to share it.
- Use visuals: Use high-quality images and videos in your blog posts to make them more engaging and shareable.
- Use email marketing: Use email marketing to reach out to your subscribers and promote new content.
- Run giveaways and contests: Host giveaways and contests to attract new readers and encourage engagement.
- Analyze your data: Use analytics tools to track your traffic and gain insights into what’s working and what’s not, so you can make adjustments to your strategy.
Blogging Business Related Articles
- Why Keyword Research is CRUCIAL for Blogging Business
- 15 Must have essential WordPress plugins for successful Blogging making money Online
- How Blogging Can Change Your Life for better- Honest truth
- How to make money Blogging for beginners- My STORY
- 20 must-have best marketing tools for small business- Bloggers Tools
Blogging Biz Step By step Playbook
If you are looking at creating a blog and making money with your favorite hobby or expertise, I can help you get going and start your blog.
As a blogger myself and having created 30+ niche sites, we have helped many individuals and hobbyists create a blogging business and a life they love!
Begin Your Blog with This Step-by-Step Blueprint for Creating a Profitable WordPress Blog Site: One Step Closer to Making Money Blogging!
Get your copy of Blogging Lobby eBOOK here
About the Author: Div Acharya is a blogger, influencer, and co-founder of PepLifestyle and Artmellows.
Div loves being a lifestyle blogger. Div is the founder and blogging growth strategist/coach at DigitallyDiv Agency.
She is highly motivated to help women set up their own digital empires and blogs that let them turn their hobbies into profitable businesses.