Should I buy Mini Cooper S or Mini Clubman S ? What are the pros and cons of each?
Well, the moment you are considering a Mini Cooper, You are making a conscious decision of buying a hot-hatch(High-performance Hatchback car).
Of course, you have many options at this price point.
You have the Kodiaq and Superb from Skoda, Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour OR the A-Class, CLA and GLA from Mercedes Benz and Q3 and A3 from Audi, if you want to go for something premium.
All of these are good cars but are not as fun to drive as that Mini.
The Mini s a gem of a car, Whether if you want to buy Mini COOPER S or Mini Clubman is the decision you need to make depending on your circumstances and factors.
But still, It depends on these factors
How big is your family
If you have a Big family, then it’s a better Option to go for a Club man. Low riding small cars like the Mini Cooper are great in the city and small Family.
How Big person are you?
One of my Friends Loves MINI but he can’t have one because he is too tall and Big and won’t get in the car.
He tried my MINI COOPER S, it’s too much hard work to make him sit on the Driver’s seat.
So, If you are a Big lady or a Guy AVOID MINI Cooper S. Instead, go for Clubman which is spacious enough.
Are you a Long-drive person?
Mini will do a long drive perfectly well – it’s not a big saloon car though.
So, you won’t get the sort of cosseted luxury that you’d find from some larger vehicles Like Benz Or BMW.
The MINI Cooper S and John Cooper Works has sports seats that have a bit more side support than you might find in some cars – whether this is comfortable to you or not is really a personal preference.
Otherwise, despite the JCW is a noisy little thing if you’re driving it hard (or, as I like to think of it, driving it properly) once you’re up to cruising speed it’s as quiet as nearly any other petrol-engined car out there.
Mini Clubman is an awesome car for Long drives and Outdoor activities.
Things to think before Buying a MINI COOPER
- Future maintenance costs – The Cooper is shaping up to be a very expensive vehicle if you own it for more than a few years.
- Finding qualified maintenance personnel – In the USA and other countries like Australia and the UK, you’re good. If you move to a less populous state, you’re going to have problems.
- Driving on the highway Or Freeway – Low riding small cars like the Mini Cooper are great in the city. They’re frightening, however, on the highway with many big rigs and large SUVs
- Cargo capacity – The Mini doesn’t hold squat for cargo. If you travel a lot or shop a great deal, the Cooper will fill up quickly.
- UnComfortable ride for lengthy distances – The Mini Cooper is, again, great for short travels around an urban area. It can be unpleasantly cramped for lengthy road trips
What do Mini Coopers have that other cars don't within the same price bracket?
You’ll need to go for much more expensive cars in the realm of lotus Elysee, Alfa Romeo and other very small cars that are small in size in spite of not having extremely powerful engines, have strong performance and manoeuvrability.
Minis just don’t have incredible top speeds, as that requires lots of power.
The Audi A1 doesn’t have a sporty version any longer, and it’s geared more towards comfort anyway.
Audi and VW try to appeal to a wider public whereas Mini is a small niche oriented brand:
Mini is expensive for its segment, very impractical comfort-wise, while not bad at all for the F57 generation up to the S model.
This might change soon as the car industry as a whole struggle to keep good profit margins (except for Ferrari mostly) even among premium brands.
Hence the push towards trying to appeal to an increasingly wider audience while diluting the qualities that were not associated with the brands in a past era.
MINI Is an Awesome car
Mini cooper is such an awesome machine, in its outer appearance as well as its power. No one can change their mind while seeing the beauty of a Mini Cooper.
The first Mini was an aftereffect of a plan challenge from Sir Leonard Lord, proprietor of the Morris Company, to his top architect, a man named Alec Issigonis, in 1957.
TOP CARS BY MINI COOPER:
A lot of models are available in Mini Specifically, Some of the cars that are Famous among the People are,
1. Mini Clubman
2. Mini Convertible
3. Mini John Cooper Works
4. Mini Cooper S
5. Mini 3 door
MINI COOPER Pros:
- Great fun to drive, especially in sport mode, reassuringly heavy steering yet the car feels very light and has awesome grip
- Plenty of power for a relatively small car – 170hp and 7.4s 0–60mph (also pulls very well at motorway speeds 70+) and if your gentle with it the engine is very smooth and quiet
- The very high-quality interior feels like a much more special car to drive than other cars in a similar class
- Great cruising on the motorway.
- Very good level of service with the warranty – BMW emergency roadside cover included for the duration of the car’s warranty.
- More practical than you may imagine.
- Extremely good Infotainment system – as BMW owns Mini it uses their iDrive system with is renowned for being very good (great nav system, high-resolution screen, play Spotify from your phone etc.)
MINI COOPER Cons:
- The ride is quite firm, going over larger bumps at motorway speeds the car can “Thunk” down into the road
- Quite a bit of road noise especially at motorway speeds, it feels like this is due to the relatively upright windscreen, you can hear the wind whipping around, pretty large wing mirrors probably contribute too
- It is a small car so could be not much space, but if you’re buying a Mini you have to expect this…
Mini Clubman Pros:
The Clubman engine power will take you by surprise. A car this small can produce up to 170 horsepower!
It can also accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 7.4 seconds. The engine’s quiet running and smooth handling will impress you.
How thrilling does it sound to be able to customise your car’s colours and features?
Mini gives their customers the choice of buying a personalised car from a variety of models.
Simply select a model from their website and continue customising your dream car by selecting the paint, interior, engine, wheels, technical features, and a few other choices.
It means that two Mini cars, despite being the same model, can be completely different.
Less frequent maintenance.
Like most vehicles, a MINI Clubman does not need an oil change or routine repairs every few months. Instead, you should wait two years to get the car inspected.
MINI Clubman Cons:
Repairs can be expensive
Once your car is out of warranty, all repairs will need to be covered by you.
There are extended warranty options, but those are expensive as well.
Despite MINI brand cars becoming more common, the repairs can be very expensive.
So if you purchase one, be prepared for that if your car starts to have issues.
Uses the most expensive fuel.
Despite the decent fuel economy, the MINI does require premium fuel.
You can use the cheaper types of gas, but it won’t be great for your vehicle, and it will require more fill-ups, so it’s strongly discouraged that you do that.
Non-MINI dealerships won’t do a good job servicing your MINI
I took my car to a nearby repair shop to get an oil change and to fix a couple of minor issues.
They couldn’t fix the problems I was having with my car, and they overlooked a major problem that my dealership discovered months later.
So don’t put your confidence in a non-MINI dealership or repair shop to look after your vehicle.
However, If you go for Reputed MINI Non-Dealerships for Services, you can get on-point service.
Whether it is Mini COOPER S or Clubman The Mini ride is firm and Enjoyable.
MINI COOPER is a small Luxury car So if you are looking for a small car with HIGH Power then go for MINI COOPER.
If your family is big and looking for more space then go for Clubman.
What are the Smart Ways to Insure a Car that can save you tons of money
Although nearly all automobiles begin to lose value the moment they are driven away from the dealership, the differences between the automobiles that lose the least value and those that lose the most value can be surprising. For example, while the average new vehicle will lose approximately 20% of its value after its first year on the road, others may experience depreciation rates that are twice as high.
20 Awesome things you need to know before Buying Mini Cooper
How reliable is a Mini-Unbiased look at the British Classic
The Mini is a popular car brand that is as British as they come. In 1999, the original Mini was voted the second most popular car of the twentieth century, and it was a staple of British culture in the 1960s.
Mini, which is now owned by BMW, remains a prominent brand in the United Kingdom, USA and Australia.
However, how dependable are Minis? BMW isn’t known for its dependability, so is Mini any different?
In this post, we examine Mini’s reliability and how it compares to that of some of their competitors.
Are Minis expensive to maintain?
The minis are cute, popular & fun to drive cars ( for a reason ). Their longevity and Reliability is very questionable. Their downtime for repair is among the highest you will find. Parts are expensive along with the labour. Impress your friends ? for sure.
“Are minis expensive to maintain?” They seem to be very popular these days.