The Outdoor living Buying Guide
This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the Disclosure here.
There is a wide variety of material options available for outdoor Living furniture. Your decision should be based on how much time you are able to spend on maintenance as well as what you intend to do with the item when it is not in use, such as during the colder months.
Hardwoods used outdoors are naturally resistant to the effects of weather and can last for many years of enjoyment if they are properly maintained.
The beauty and practicality of synthetic wicker furniture go hand in hand. Because it is typically encased within an aluminium frame, the piece of furniture in question is not only lightweight but also resistant to rust.
Your garden will have a more contemporary appearance with furniture made of steel, which also requires almost no maintenance. Steel furniture is long-lasting and sturdy, but aluminium furniture with a powder coating is better able to withstand the heat and humidity of the your City’s Climate & Environment.
Continue reading if you’ve ever had the thought that there isn’t enough space in your home for entertaining or if you wish you could take advantage of your outdoor space for a longer period of time each year.
There is a multitude of options available for lighting, cooking, heating, seating, and even the cooling of food and beverages; therefore, there is every single reason to consider your outdoor premises as additional living space.
The amount of square footage you have available, your budget, the layout of your space, and your personal preference will all play a role in determining the level of enhancement you choose to take with your outdoor space.
The fundamental components, on the other hand, will remain unchanged and can be made as simple or complex as you like.
- Look for sofas and chairs that are spacious enough to accommodate all of the people living in your home Plus if any extra Guests drop in…. If you enjoy having guests over, you might want to think about purchasing an extra lounge or seating for occasional use.
- Consider purchasing lounges that can be reclined into the shape of a daybed so that you can take a nap in the sun before using the same piece of furniture to host guests. This will provide the highest level of relaxation possible.
- When shopping for an outdoor lounge set, it is important to pay attention to the quantity and kind of cushioning that is included. If you enjoy a plush and cushioned level of comfort, you should look for an option that has thick padding and support in the appropriate areas.
Outdoor Living Buying Guide
Take the Time to Evaluate Your Outdoor Area
Think about the amount of space you have as well as the configuration of it. Which is it: a lengthy and slender balcony or an expansive and roomy deck?
The size of your outdoor furniture and the number of potential groupings it can house should be determined, in a manner analogous to that of furnishing a living or family room, by taking into account the dimensions of your outdoor space.
The single most important thing you can do is ensure that there is sufficient room to comfortably walk around your furniture. When planning the flow of traffic, apply the same principles that you would use indoors.
Make Space Available for Storage
Make sure that you have enough space to either store your outdoor furniture indoors for the winter or at the very least to store pillows and other items made of fabric.
Even furniture covers don’t always offer sufficient defence against damage, particularly when it comes to wicker and other delicate materials.
Either provide a place for your furniture to be stored during the colder months, or invest in items that can be used both outside and inside the house. If you have very little room for storage, you might want to look into purchasing outdoor furniture that can be folded up.
Consider Your Budget
In the end, what you are able to purchase is determined by your budget, but it is smart to buy the best furniture that you can afford since quality furniture offers more value than inexpensive products that won’t last as long.
There are a few different choices you can make to guarantee that you will receive the highest possible quality for the amount of money you spend.
- Consider using materials that are less costly but still long-lasting, such as heavy-duty resin or aluminium, or search for less expensive types of wood.
- Visit some yard sales and thrift stores, and make sure to purchase items of the highest possible quality that you can find. Because moving van space is limited, patio sets and other pieces of outdoor furniture are frequently resold after being previously owned. It is important to keep in mind that used furniture can always be refinished or painted and that it can be easily dressed up with new cushions and pillows.
- As the end of July and the beginning of August approach, you should go shopping for outdoor furniture. This is the time of year when it is most likely to be on sale, and you can still get it (during the winter, there won’t be any available).
Outdoor Living Products
Having an outdoor lounge allows you to take the cosiness and conveniences of your living room outside with you. An essential piece of outdoor furniture, an outdoor lounge or day bed should be long-lasting, cosy, and simple to clean and maintain.
Look for sofas and chairs that are spacious enough to accommodate all of the people living in your home. If you enjoy having guests over, you might want to think about purchasing an extra lounge or seating for occasional use.
Consider purchasing lounges that can be reclined into the shape of a day bed so that you can take a nap in the sun before using the same piece of furniture to host guests. This will provide the highest level of relaxation possible.
When shopping for an outdoor lounge set, it is important to pay attention to the quantity and kind of cushioning that is included. If you enjoy a plush and cushioned level of comfort, you should look for an option that has thick padding and support in the appropriate areas.
One of life’s greatest pleasures is eating a meal outside, and Australia is among the top countries in which to experience this. When shopping for outdoor tables and chairs, keep the following things in mind so that you can get the most out of your purchase:
- Choose a dining arrangement that is large or has an extension if you frequently host guests or have access to a sizable outdoor space and want to ensure that you are prepared no matter how many people show up.
- Be sure to have enough seating for everyone in your family, as well as for any guests who might drop by unexpectedly. The number of available seats can be expanded in dining settings with the addition of benches rather than chairs.
- Shop for dining room settings that offer sufficient room for all of the members of your family. Keep in mind that each person requires approximately 60-80 cm of space at a rectangular table and 70-80 cm of space at a circular table.
Before settling on a lighting scheme for your space, you should first consider the goals you wish to accomplish.
When the sun goes down, the landscaping of an outdoor space, which is frequently the most attractive element of the space, is hidden from view. Well, lights and hardscape lights are two examples of the types of landscape lighting that can be utilised to achieve the desired effect of drawing attention to one’s landscaping.
For a one-of-a-kind look, think about installing an outdoor chandelier or pendant in a space that has beams overhead or that is roofed over. In order to keep air moving during hot days and nights, outdoor ceiling fans are an extremely useful accessory.
The holidays are no longer the only time when outdoor string lighting can be used. It can be put together quickly and looks like a party, and it offers a high degree of versatility. The amount of light that it emits is quite impressive, and the fact that it is constructed to withstand the elements gives it a high level of durability.
Consider installing path lighting or bollard lights, many of which can be powered by solar energy, to illuminate the area around the perimeter of your property as well as any pathways.
BBQs & Outdoor Kitchens
A barbeque grill is an essential component of any outdoor living space, and yours should be no exception. When shopping for an outdoor kitchen or a grill, whether it be gas, electric, or charcoal, keep these tips in mind:
- If the flavour is the most important factor for you when choosing a grill, you should think about getting a charcoal grill because only a charcoal grill can produce that genuine, unmistakable smoky flavour.
- Determine how many people you need to feed before you go shopping for a barbeque. For instance, if you have a gas grill with two burners or a charcoal grill of medium size, you should be able to prepare enough food for a family of four to six people.
- If you like to barbeque on a regular basis, you should think about purchasing a gas or electric grill because they heat up food more quickly and are easier to set up. In addition to this, they provide a higher level of control over the temperature settings.
When it’s time for a refreshing drink, you’ll want to have a place to store those miniature umbrellas, as well as plenty of ice, cocktail ingredients, wines, beers, and snacks that are within easy reach. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beer aficionado, a wine expert, or a vodka wizard; you should always be ready for whatever may come your way. In any of the categories, you should search for products that have outdoor ratings to ensure that they are safe for use outside.
Beverage Coolers offer storage for a wide variety of beverages, from juice boxes and water bottles to soda cans, wine bottles, and beer cans. Because their shelving is designed to accommodate both bottles and cans, they are ideally suited to meet the needs of a diverse group of patrons and ensure that they remain comfortably hydrated.
Outdoor kegerators are designed to hold only beer and are available with one, two, or three taps depending on the model. They keep your beer ice cold at all times, which is incredibly convenient, particularly if you are only partial to a select few brands of beer.
When it comes to drinks that call for ice, having the convenience of an ice maker is the best option. It is possible to customise the amount of ice produced by some models, and some can produce ice in as little as twenty minutes.
Patio heaters and fire pits
When the sun goes down, you’ll want to have some way to keep warm, add lighting, and create ambience, so a fire pit or patio heater is a good choice.
There is a wide variety of stunning designs available for fire pits, and they can be fueled by either natural gas, wood, or liquid propane.
Some patio heaters have designs that are more utilitarian than aesthetically pleasing, but others come in a beautiful variety of styles that will complement the aesthetic of any outdoor living space.
BBQ Grills and Smokers
If you are prepared to go all in and build an outdoor kitchen, you will want to start the design process by determining what kind of cooking station you require before moving on to any other aspects of the kitchen.
Now that there are so many options for outdoor cooking and grilling, meal preparation, which is traditionally done inside the kitchen and away from guests and activities, can now be moved outside.
The food prepared on a built-in barbeque grill has a distinct flavour that can only be achieved by grilling it over real coals.
If you would rather eat the entire meal outside, then you will want to investigate all of the different components that are available for outdoor kitchens.
In addition, do not overlook the importance of accessorising with bespoke covers, griddles, kits for rotisseries, smoker boxes, wood chips, and other items.
More than just grilled foods can be easily prepared with the help of side burners.
Freestanding BBQ Grills
With a freestanding barbeque grill, you can cook food wherever the party takes you, regardless of whether you have an outdoor kitchen setup or are looking for something more compact for the side yard.
Gas BBQ Grills
Gas barbeque grills provide all of the luxuries and conveniences of a kitchen, in addition to the opportunity to host guests while food is being prepared.
Consider incorporating a charcoal barbeque grill, which is more versatile, into the design of your outdoor kitchen so that every time you grill, your food will have that distinct flavour of charred charcoal.
There is no pizza that can compare to the flavour of one that is cooked in an outdoor pizza oven over an open flame. These are simple to incorporate into any outdoor kitchen, and they will be the talk of every party that you throw in your backyard.
There is an abundance of choices available to you if you are thinking about doing something that is a little less formal. Make your outdoor area more functional by installing a cooking rig that is mobile and can be repositioned as needed to accommodate your preferences.
Portable Charcoal Grills
When you have a portable charcoal BBQ grill with features that make it easy to carry and have a smaller footprint, you can take the party (and the flavour) with you wherever you go.
Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill with a Width of 24 Inches. Coyote Portable Electric Grill
Smokers lend an unmistakable texture and flavour to a variety of foods that are sure to become some of your favourites.
Home decor finds Guides
- 100+ best Home decor On Amazon
- 29+ Stylish & Pet-Friendly Home Decor Ideas for Pawrents-Pet friendly home decor
- The list is out and 21 best outdoor wood furniture for your patio
- 10 Simple and Effective Ways to Make Your Living Room Extra Cozy
- 19 Trendiest Throw pillows for a grey couch you can’t resist
- 40 + Luxury Home Decor Online Ideas to make your home look more Sophisticated
- 11 + Boss babe office decor Ideas for better productivity
- The 41 Glam & Must Have Girl Boss Office Decor
- 9+Christmas decor for coffee tables Inspo you’d adore
- The 10 best glam entryway tables for your lovely home
- The 11 best Rattan wall decorations for your Home