How to start a Mommy blog and make money in 2023
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here.
If you’re into mommy blogging or considering starting one, we’re going to examine some of the most effective ways to monetize your mom’s blog. Let’s begin with the advantages of moms blogging.
What are the advantages of starting a Mom blog? Listed below are a handful of them.
- It aids in the conversion of website visitors to leads.
- Assists you in generating passive money through affiliate marketing, product sales, and so on.
- It has a long-term effect
- You’ll discover new things while conducting research on the latest Mommy trends, and so on.
- You’ll establish an internet presence.
- You may connect with other Mom’s blogs that share your interests, and the list goes on.
Did you know
- Being a Mom , Parenting and Pregnancy websites are the top source moms and expectant moms use to learn about products and services. (eMarketer)
- Of the 3.9 million mom bloggers, only 13% of them primarily write about parenting and 9% about family updates. That means mom bloggers are vastly more likely to write about topics other than being a mom. (Technorati)
- 66% of moms believe word of mouth is highly Trustworthy. (eMarketer)
- 3.9 million women with children write blogs in the US. By 2025, that number will jump to 6 million. (eMarketer)
- 55% of active (On a daily basis) social media moms said they made their purchase because of a recommendation from a personal review blog. (NPD Group, Inc. via Technorati)
You’ll discover how to establish a Mommy blog in this article.
What is the best way to choose a domain name?
How to create a hosting account
How to get money with Mommy blogging and several more topics
Check out our In-depth Article to Start & Grow a Profitable Blog : 💡📌How to Start a Blog that makes you MONEY! and Blogging Business
Therefore, are you prepared? Let us now get into the specifics.
A pro tip: Make certain that your mommy blog has a topic. Perhaps you want to write about general Being a mom, parenting, or perhaps you want to focus on a particular age group of moms, gender or trends in parenting, gay moms, or even narrow down a particular topic ( Mommy fashion or Being a Transgender Mommy etc ) and so on.
So, Concentrate & keep an Eye on a single subject if you want to quickly establish a profitable blog.
1.Choose a Domain name
Choosing a distinctive domain name for your Mommy blog is critical.
When picking a domain name for your Mommy. Blog website, it’s critical to consider your target audience and the keywords or phrases they could use to reach your site in a search engine.
When it comes to selecting a domain name, there are a few considerations.
- To begin, you’ll want to select a name that is unambiguous and simple to recall.
- Additionally, you’ll want to ensure that the name is accessible as a domain name.
- Once you’ve picked a name, you may do a domain search to determine its availability.
- If the name you’re looking for is not available, you may be able to locate a similar name that is.
Here’s a tip: use blog name generators to swiftly get a large number of domain name suggestions.
You may easily discover domain ideas by utilising a free service such as Lean Domain Search.
It’s easy to locate new domain names with a service like Lean Domain Search, which is free.
Take a look at this for the Mommy blog domain name
2.Purchase Domain for your Mommy Blog
After you have selected the perfect domain for your Mommy Blog, Now to Time to Purchase the domain name. I’d recommend Namescheap.
Every step to online success
Domain name registration is only the beginning Buy a Domain from NameCheap
You can also use your domain name in an email address (for example, email@example.com).
To create an email address, you must also purchase an email service or hosting, which is distinct from registering a web address.
The Industry Leading Domain Providers NameCheap
Name Cheap Offers the Following goodies
- Popular domains at reasonable prices
- Save money by using our domain price search tool.
- When you register, you will receive free products and services.
- When you register, you will receive free products and services.
- Free lifetime privacy protection and much more.
- Simple setup and helpful instructions
- Expert assistance and advice are available whenever you require it.
Tips to select the Domain name for your Mommy Blog:
Review the few suggestions that will assist you in selecting a domain name for your Moms blog.
- Always choose the.com domain – The.com domain is always the recommended option when selecting a domain name, thus I will always advise you to select it.
- Short Domains – Domain names that are shorter are easier to remember and Google in the address bar.
- Relevance – Relevance is the most important factor; you would not choose a domain name including a football keyword for a Tennis blog. Thus, relevance is crucial.
When it comes to domain registration, I always use Namecheap. NameCheap is a domain registrar that will assist you in registering a name for the lowest price feasible.
Namecheap – Namecheap has provided more than 4 million domain names to clients worldwide. Namecheap’s costs are inexpensive, and they include free privacy protection.
3.Purchase your Hosting
It’s time to choose a web host that is both economical and trustworthy after you have a domain name.
If you’re searching for a reliable web host, you’ll want to be certain that you’re getting the greatest service available.
Using a reputable web host has the following advantages:
- It’s important that your website loads quickly for your visitors if you’re using a decent web host. This is critical for retaining visitors to your site and also helps boost your search engine results.
- Security: A reputable web host will guard your website from internet threats such as hackers.
- When you need help, a reputable web host will always be there for you.
- Having adequate room to keep your website and upload photos, videos, etc. is a must for a solid web host
- Make sure you choose a web host that is reasonably priced.
Is there a single web server that meets all of the above criteria?
We strongly recommend Bluehost as a web host if you’re starting a new Mommy blog.
Why? Over 2 million websites rely on Bluehost, making it one of the most popular web providers in the world.
Additional benefits of using Bluehost include the following:
- You can get one year of hosting from Bluehost for under $35!
- In addition to free SSL, SSD storage, unlimited email accounts, and unlimited website hosting, Bluehost is endorsed by WordPress.
- When you join up for a hosting plan, you get a free domain name and a free SSL certificate.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is also available from Bluehost if you’re dissatisfied with their service.
- So, how can you get started with Bluehost? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to buy hosting from Bluehost.com.
Access Bluehost By clicking on this link.
You can buy Bluehost hosting for just $2.95 per month instead of $8.99 per month by using our exclusive link.
Try Bluehost for your sports blog hosting
Click on the Get Started Now button to continue.
Then, you’ll be redirected to their hosting plans page where you’ll see 3 shared hosting plans from Bluehost.
Go with their Basic plan (costs $2.95 per month) where you can install ONE website along with a free domain.
In case you’re curious, here are the 4 shared hosting plans offered by Bluehost.
- The Basic plan costs you $2.95 per month where you can install 1 website with 50 GB storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, and CDN.
- Plus plan costs you $5.45 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN.
- Choice Plus plan costs you $5.45 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN, free backups, and free domain privacy.
- Pro plan costs you $13.95 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN, free backups, free domain privacy, and free dedicated IP.
Once you pick a plan, you’ll be taken to a domain registration page where you can either enter a domain or skip this step and create a domain later. It’s FREE to register a domain with Bluehost.
In the final step, you’ll need to create your account with Bluehost.
4. Choose Blogging System( CMS)
When deciding on a blogging platform, I always recommend WordPress. Over the previous Seven years, WordPress usage has increased from 32.7% to 43.3% of the top 10 million most-visited websites worldwide.
WordPress is undoubtedly one of the world’s most popular content management systems. WordPress provides you with a vast selection of themes, plugins, and enumerated features in order to simplify your life.
If you are utilising WordPress, it is very simple to customise the blog. If you are serious about expanding your blog to a considerable extent, you should choose WordPress over any other platform.
5.Choose a Theme
After you’ve purchased your Mommy blog’s web hosting, it’s time to choose a wonderful theme.
Just make sure to understand, for a Mommy Blog site there is NO huge need to be fancy, I mean to say there is no need for fancy themes because Great content and information are what most readers are looking for..
However, you can select some Free WP themes like ASTRA to start with.
For those who don’t have the time or skill to design their own website, you may pay a professional to do it for you.
Digitallydiv Approach can help in this regard. Get on to our 1 on 1 WP website Build service, we can help you create your website in just under 2 hrs..
If you’re on a limited budget, what do you need to do?
- Invest in a high-end theme.
- With WordPress, you have access to a wide variety of premium but Free themes.
- You can’t go wrong with either of these premium WordPress themes.
Although there is no fundamental difference between the Free & premium themes, premium themes tend to have more elaborate designs and functionality than free themes.
Pro-Tip: As a beginner Blogger you can start with a free Theme available on the WordPress list, as you move on you can Purchase a Paid theme. Just go to the theme section >> add new >> Search for Blog themes. You will give many Options, and you choose the one you like.
6.Download and activate WordPress Plugins
The plugin repository in WordPress is vast, covering a wide range of possible uses. Websites that use too many plugins may load slowly in general..
So, I don’t recommend installing every plugin. Consider installing Rankmath plugin for SEO, the Elementor( Page Builder) Elementor takes care of Forms & popups and you do not need additional Plugins, WP Rocket( Speed), and Google site Kit ( For Google Analytics)
Related: WordPress Plugins You Should Consider Using On Your Site
7.Publish Your Key Page Content
Essential Pages To Publish
The following are essential pages to add to the Mommy blog:
- Affiliate Disclaimer Policy & T&C pages
- About Us – An about us page is a comprehensive page on your blog where readers can learn more about you and your blog.
- Contact Us – Visitors typically utilise the contact us page to contact an individual or organisation with a specific issue or question. They facilitate the user’s ability to communicate with you.
8. Get Familiar with Keyword Research Tools( Both Paid & free)
Recently, we have started using a new SEO tool called Keysearch. co tool for keyword search. This tool is very cost-effective and also beginner-friendly (as some of our Writers & team members are quite new to keyword search and competition analysis), and I love the way it offers Keyword Searches and content recommendations.
Google Trends is a website that was developed by Google to help users gain a better understanding of the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across a variety of geographic locations and language variants.
This web page makes use of graphs to compare the search volume of various queries over the course of time.
9.Get started by Writing some articles.
It is time to begin writing articles that are relevant to your speciality at this point. There are two distinct kinds of posts that can be written in your blog. The first one is a deciduous one, and the second one is an evergreen that changes with the seasons.
Evergreen content is defined as something which will continue to be of interest to site visitors over an extended period of time. On the other hand, seasonal contents are defined as those that will be applicable within a specific time period.
Hand Picked Articles for You
- How to make money Blogging for beginners- My STORY
- How I made $100K Blogging in 2021.
- From the blogger to the entrepreneur: How to make money blogging for beginners
How much Mommy Blogger make?
Let’s have a look at how much money is made by professional writers before we dive into the realm of Mommy blogging.
There are around 1,600 full-time positions available in the M media industry in the United States, as stated in an article published in Bleacher Report( Source)
The remainder of the article goes on to describe that the typical annual salary for workers in the industry falls anywhere between $25,000 and $60,000.
Obviously, this differs from person to person and depends not just on the outlet or publication where they work but also on the precise responsibilities they have.
Let’s move on to the next topic, which is the typical income of a blogger. If you are just starting out as a blogger, you can anticipate making anywhere from zero dollars to two hundred and fifty dollars per month.
However, your revenue will increase proportionally if you put in a lot of effort into it and begin cultivating a following over the course of time.
When it comes to writing and making money online, there are no guarantees – this is especially true if you are trying to make money blogging about anything related to mommy & Kids. But if you are self-motivated and determined to achieve your goals, then there is no limit to what you may accomplish!
How can you make money Your Mommy BLog? Three of the best methods!
So, how can you get started generating money from a blog about Parenting, Moomy life ? How many methods are there to solve this problem?
However, we’ve compiled a list of proven strategies to earn money from Mommy blogging in the year 2023
The best approach to monetize any blog, even a Mommy blog, is through affiliate marketing.
We made nearly $150,000 from these Four affiliate programmes BlueHost ( Hosting), Booking.com( Travel) and SEmrush( SEO) & Canva( Creating Creatives)
Here’s some good news: affiliate marketing can bring you a LARGE income if done right.
- In order to begin advertising their products, several gears product manufacturers provide affiliate programmes.
- Because you can make money while you sleep with affiliate marketing, starting a Mommy blog is a terrific method to supplement your income.
- When someone clicks on one of your links or photos and makes a purchase after clicking on it, you’ll get compensated. It’s that simple.
So, how can you use affiliate marketing to make a lot of money?
The following are some helpful Tips:
Finding a high-quality product to advertise is a great method to generate money through affiliate marketing.
- Do your research before purchasing dog supplies from an unreliable source. In addition, you should select a product that is in high demand and likely to pique people’s curiosity.
What’s the secret to making more money with affiliate marketing?
- Find a product that earns you a lot of money for each sale.
- The commission structure is an important consideration while deciding which product to promote.
- If you want to make more money on each sale, go for a product with a high commission rate.
Amazon, Flexoffers, eBay, CJ.com, Clickbank, ShareASale, Impact and other affiliate marketing platforms may be used to identify high-paying items in the Industry/business.
For your final step, you need to generate helpful material that will assist you to sell your products:
- This information must be both useful and interesting in order to entice customers to make a purchase.
- Be sure to publish pieces that are creative, entertaining, and informative in order to attract people to your site..
- Don’t worry if you’re not an expert — simply use your own personal experiences with animals to create fresh stories.
Sell Digital Products/Premium Content
Promote and market high-end content.
If you’re looking to earn some additional cash, consider selling your quality material to others for a fee.
As long as your material is high quality, consumers won’t hesitate to pay for it.
In fact, you can purchase our premium material as eBooks right here.
What do you think about this? With premium content, you can make a lot of money.
Those that are most interested in what you have to offer will only see your greatest content if you charge your website audience a fee for access to it.
An excellent technique to increase your earnings while also shielding your greatest work from people who may not value it as highly.
- When it comes to Mommy Blogs many young people are willing to pay for special information like eBooks, online courses and video lectures.
- Tips for selling digital items (or premium content) are provided here.
- Offer discounts in return for signing up for your newsletter, and add an opportunity to join up for a fee-based service somewhere on your Mommyblog.
- If you want to sell premium material, make sure your blog gets more traffic.
- Use social media and email lists to spread the word about your blog. Building a fan base on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter is a breeze.
- Your friends and relatives can help you spread the news about your new website if you tell them about it and ask them to do the same.
- Not to mention, having a blast! To become the next major Mommy blogger, you’ll have to put in some time and effort, so don’t give up.
- In order to keep your readers satisfied even if your site isn’t getting thousands of visitors a day, it’s best to focus on quality rather than numbers.
Display advertising are a great way to monetize your Mommy Blog site.
To make money from your Mommy blog, what’s the quickest route?
Give display advertising a go.
Ad publishers can post adverts on websites via display ad networks, a sort of internet advertising network.
The display ad network subsequently sends the advertising to the relevant websites after advertisers bid on the placement of these adverts.
With Google AdSense, millions of website owners are able to earn money through advertising.
AdSense or Media.net (or any other display advertising network) is all you need to join and start making money.
The amount of money you make from these ad networks is directly proportional to the volume of visitors your website receives.
The more people that read your Mommy blog, the more money you’ll generate from it. It’s that simple.
The choices for AdSense replacements are many, including but not limited to:
- a variety of other tools
Increasing Traffic to Your Mommy Blog
At this point, you have accomplished everything that could be done for the blog. It’s time to get as much exposure for the blog as you possibly can.
In addition to producing high-quality material, you should also make an effort to promote that content so that it is viewed by as many people as possible.
It is just as necessary to advertise your material as much as it is to develop high-quality content in order to get the kind of attention that your work actually merits.
Let’s have a look at the various methods you can use to advertise your Mommy blog:
1. Leverage Social Media Marketing
Spread the word about each individual piece of content across several social media profiles. The use of social media is undeniably one of the most effective techniques to disseminate your material to a more substantial audience.
Every single post should be shared on social networking accounts, and a link should be included that leads back to the blog.
Take into account the many social media sites frequented by your clientele & Readers. In order to effectively reach a wide audience via social media, your strategy should not be limited to just one channel of communication.
Many people in your target demographic may be active on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok throughout the day, offering you three chances to showcase your content.
Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Pinterest( is a Visual Search engine) and Twitter( for micro Tweets)are just some of the social media platforms you should be familiar with. Yet it is not essential to put resources into developing a plan for each of these channels.
Think about what kinds of apps your target audience is most likely to be using.
Checkout my article – Pinterest Marketing Strategy to make more money from your Blogs in 2023
2.Make use of Quora & Reddit
Another strategy to market your material and attract eyeballs is to participate in online forums. Having an account on Quora and beginning to promote your material on that platform is one of the most effective approaches.
The process is really straightforward; all you have to do is provide a teaser of your content and a link to your blog where readers may access the entire article.
Always keep in mind that you should be offering value to the audience rather than just spamming them with links back to the blog.
3. Get in to Email Marketing
Email marketing is another method you may use to promote your content to the people who follow you. In this kind of advertising, the content is sent to the email address that the customer has provided.
When you post new content to your blog, you can set up ready-made posts to be sent to people who follow your blog. You have the option of using GETRESPONSE’s services for your email marketing needs.
Also Read: Benefits of Email marketing for blogs -How to Grow your Blog with Email Marketing
About the Author: Div Acharya is a blogger, influencer, and co-founder of PepLifestyle and Artmellows.
Div loves being a lifestyle blogger. Div is the founder and blogging growth strategist/coach at DigitallyDiv Agency.
She is highly motivated to help women set up their own digital empires and blogs that let them turn their hobbies into profitable businesses.
Blogging Biz Step By step Playbook
If you are looking at creating a blog and making money with your favorite hobby or expertise, I can help you get going and start your blog.
As a blogger myself and having created 30+ niche sites, we have helped many individuals and hobbyists create a blogging business and a life they love!
Begin Your Blog with This Step-by-Step Blueprint for Creating a Profitable WordPress Blog Site: One Step Closer to Making Money Blogging!
Get your copy of Blogging Lobby eBOOK here