How to start a blog with bluehost and WordPress
Affiliate Disclaimer: When possible, this site uses affiliate links (at no additional cost to you). Read the Disclosure here
1. Blogging is way to showcase what you love- Your niche may be gardening or Photography or even Knitting
2. Blogging brings Passive Income- Interesting huh!
3. Blogging has the POTENTIAL to become your main source Of Income A.K.A You can Leave your 9-5 Job if you want to!
WordPress is the blogging platform of choice for you.
Congratulations! WordPress is a great way to get started with a blog, and we love blogs in general!
As an added bonus, it’s really easy to set up a free blog. Why do we suggest it can be done in less than 2 Hrs time?
It’s crucial to know what you need to do and how to accomplish it, even if getting started with a WordPress site is easy. Otherwise, you’ll end up wasting valuable time.
Our step-by-step tutorial is designed to help those who need it.We’ll walk you through each and every step of setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Also, with the help of a lot of screenshots and easy-to-follow directions. Create a blog right now!
- Domain name: It costs roughly $10 a year to register a domain name.
- Hosting: It costs about $3-$9 per month to host a website (but you can get a discount if you pay for a year upfront).We use either Bluehost or Siteground for our Blog sites.
- WordPress itself is completely free to use.
- WP Theme: Your blog’s design is determined by the theme you choose. There are a loads of no-cost options available. There are usually premium themes that cost $60 or more.
- We would Prefer a Paid Theme as they are more Reliable, regular Updates.
- You can also add some new features to your blog by using plugins. We prefer not to use too many Plugins as it may weigh down your site.
- Plugins: There are more than 50,000+ free plugins to choose from, so you don’t have to pay a cent. There are, however, a few premium plugins, which can range in price.
- Privacy ,Disclaimer page, About us and Contact us page Creation is an Important step for any Blog setup
- YOU ARE NOW Ready to write your 1st Blog!
PRO Tips for being a successful Blogger
- You should love to write
- Good writing skills—proper knowledge of syntax, grammar and sentence formation. The more you write, the more you improve.
- You must read A LOT. To broaden your horizons and knowledge, reading books, blogs or listening to good podcasts is really important since it helps you with ideas
- Ideation- A unique angle or perspective is what makes a blog stand out.
- SEO- Basic knowledge search engine optimisation to make your content appear higher in the search results.
- Market the blog- promote the blog on social media to get visitors and followers
1. Domain Registration
Blogs used to be primarily a personal journaling medium, but they are now an integral aspect of both personal and commercial internet communication.
Blogs are used by more than 60 percent of organisations to create reputation, explore new markets, and engage with customers.
It will help your website rise in the search engine results page (SERP).
As a result, your website will rank better in Google search results for relevant items and services. You’ll make more money this way. According to HubSpot, 60% of companies who blog see an increase in consumers.
The Industry Leading Domain Providers
Get Your Hosting
Blogging is a simple and seemingly comfortable method of communication in the internet world today!
It needs no prior expertise and just a limited amount of setup, technical knowledge, work, and some initial money( Any Business would , right?). Anyone can create a blog using the WordPress platform.
You can create a website in about 60-90 minutes( Realistically), even if you don’t have any programming abilities, by using free CMS like WordPress and a low-cost hosting such as Siteground or Bluehost.
The Initial learning curve of WordPress , Hosting and theme Installation could be a bit steep curve for a complete newbies. There are many Blogging courses around that you can make use of.
At DivDigital Agency , we do the 2 Hr Consultation and provide step-by-step guidance over Live ZOOM for the WordPress blog set up with a Free Theme or a Paid Theme. Check out the pricing sheet below.
If you are too Busy in your day job , no time to learn how to start a blog and still want to start your Blogging Biz, we are here to help.
We have done it for many of our regular clients. Contact us if you need more information about Niche websites.
Even more essential, if you intend to make money from your blog, is the fact that, in contrast to most other commercial operations, blogs require little or no initial investment and provide no obstacles to entry.
Most other companies require funds to purchase equipment, recruit personnel, or participate in large-scale marketing, but you can start a blog with as little as $200 and grow it into a successful Blogging Business.
3. Install WordPress & WP Theme( Pref Genesis Framework)
When beginning a blog, you’re unlikely to require extensive technical knowledge, particularly if you’re using a platform like WordPress.org.
The ability to use WordPress and WP themes to their fullest potential. In order to start a successful blog, you do not need to be a full-fledged WordPress developer or coder.
But you should surely understand the basics of HTML coding, such as picture interlinking, adding alt tags, inserting headlines in h1 or h2 tags, and so on and so forth.
As a sophisticated content creation tool, WordPress requires no prior coding knowledge on the part of the user.
However, learning the fundamentals of web design (the language used to instruct a web browser on how to display a web page) can be helpful as you embark on your new blogging journey.
Also Read: What the heck is WordPress CMS? A beginners Guide
Additionally, you will learn how to instal WordPress themes, plugins, customise themes, upload media, and incorporate SEO.
You don’t want to rely on a developer for every piece of fundamental code, and you may get away without delving into great detail.
If, on the other hand, you want a more organised learning experience, I recommend enrolling in a self-paced learning programme like Treehouse, which teaches you how to code through interactive activities.
4. Customize your WP theme( site logo,Menu,Footer , Colors & Fonts)
Is it Really necessary to Customize Your Theme for a Blog site?: Yes, But an extensive or major theme customization is not needed.
For a Blog you do not need Extensive Customizing .You may just need to Change the Color as per your Logo and Change few Fonts, add logo and caption to your site and also add menus( header & Footer).
Also, And add some Functionality of the theme to your Blog site for Instance Site logo, caption, Menu , footer menu etc.
Site design is determined by the theme you choose: how it looks and how it presents content (use our theme detector tool to identify the underlying theme for a design you like). Plugins extend the capabilities of a programme.
Consider installing a plugin yourself if you want to make useful modifications rather than aesthetic ones.
Depending on your preferences, you can create your own plugin, use one from the plugin directory, or purchase one.
Customizing Your WordPress Theme with Page Builders and Frameworks
Many WordPress themes offer the ability to be customised via the Customizer, allowing you to make changes to the design and layout.
Some themes, on the other hand, go a step farther and allow for extensive customization and extension.
Theme frameworks are the name given to those themes.
Page builders like Elementor ( we use elementor Page Builder in all our sites) are a type of plugin that allows you to construct your site using an easy-to-use interface.
4.Download all the Plugins needed to start your blogs- Most of them are FREE!
WordPress Plugins: Enhance the Usability of Your Site
In contrast to WordPress themes, plugins are designed to enhance the operation of your blog by providing new features.
Your viewers may want to get in touch with you via a contact form, for example.
WordPress plugins are the means by which additional features like this can be added to the platform.
WordPress Plugins can be found in a variety of places.
WordPress plugins for bloggers can be found in this post, but if you choose to go it alone, there are tens of thousands of both free and premium WordPress plugins to choose from:
List of Plugins
The Must have Plugins to start a Blog are
- SEO Plugin -we prefer Rankmath(Its free)
- Google site kit(free) connect your Site to Google analytics
- Elementor Page Builder( Free Version work well too)
- Social Share Plugin
5. Create Privacy Page, Disclaimer page , About us page & Contact us page
The “About Us” section of a Blog’s website is often disregarded. The pages that have the greatest impact on your search engine rankings are those that deal with your services or products.
However, we often disregard the user’s experience in the pursuit of SEO.
This is most prevalent on the “About Us” page of a website because it contains more content.
Your “About Us” section doesn’t have to be loaded with keywords in order to be informative.
In order to answer any queries potential customers may have regarding your dealership, this page has been created.
Launch You Blog Today!
Today is the Day to Begin!
You now have a fully-functional WordPress-powered blog.
Now that you’ve learned how to Setup your WP Blog site and how to customise the look and functionality of your blog using themes and plugins, it’s time to get started.
Only now can you begin composing blog posts that your readers will enjoy reading.
Additionally, you’ll likely want to:
- Become familiar with WordPress SEO in order to improve your blog’s search engine rankings.
- Learn how to attract visitors to your blog.
- Consider monetizing your blog in some way.
- A big congrats on your new blog, and thanks for reading this guide!
Is there anything else you’d like to know about starting a blog? Ask us in the comments and we’ll do our best to assist you!
PRO Tips for Creating a Money making Blog
Best Skills You Must Learn to Make Money with Blogging
- Content Writing Skill [Create valuable content for customers]
- KeyWord Research Skill [About Long-tail Keywords/Low Competition Keywords/competitors/Target Audience/
- WordPress [To build your internet hub aka blog]
- Basic Design Skill [knowledge of design tools such as Canva]
- Networking In FB Groups and Linked IN Groups
- Pinterest Marketing
- Email Marketing [Email automation]
- Video Marketing [Webinar, Facebook Live, YouTube]
- SEO Skill – Driving Traffic to website/blog organically without spending moneyBonus Tip: Analytical Skill [Measure and know what is working for You]