EXOTIC HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS IN EUROPE
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here.
Well, I get you.. You are looking for a few Exotic destinations in Europe and wondering where to go and What to do?
Europe is home to a wide variety of unusual tourist spots, which each year draw tens of millions of visitors from all over the world. There are several reasons for the immense popularity of Europe’s exotic locations, including the following:
Europe is home to numerous old civilisations and cultures, and as a result, it has a rich history and heritage that can be discovered through the region’s architecture, art, and many cultural organisations.
Stunning natural beauty: Europe is home to a wide variety of stunning landscapes, including mountain ranges covered in snow, jagged coastlines, rolling hills, snow-capped mountains, and picturesque lakes and rivers.
Unique local experiences: Many of Europe’s exotic locations provide visitors with the opportunity to experience local customs, cuisine, and way of life, offering them a look into the heart of the interesting cultures to which they are being exposed.
Convenient location: Europe is easily accessible from many different regions of the world, making it a convenient destination for tourists who are looking for an exotic trip that is close to home.
Affordability: When compared to other exotic locations, many regions of Europe are quite inexpensive, providing tourists with the opportunity to enjoy the beauty and culture of Europe without breaking the bank.
These are just some of the numerous reasons why people from all over the world flock to Europe’s exotic destinations, but those are just a few of the many reasons.
There is something for every type of tourist to enjoy in Europe’s exotic locations, whether they are interested in activities such as adventuring, learning about local history and culture, or simply having the opportunity to kick back, relax, and take in the breathtaking views.
We’ve compiled a list of the top Exotic European travel destinations
What are the best Exotic holiday destinations in EUROPE
Hotel & Accommodation Bookings:
- Booking.com -With 700,000+ hotels, apartments and hostels worldwide offered for your holidays. You get free cancellation on most rooms and the best price guarantee.
- Agoda.com– You can reserve the most convenient and affordable flights to your favourite places. Agoda assists you in locating and booking flights with WiFi and other facilities that will make your vacation more comfortable. Agoda is the most dependable online travel agency.
- If you are keen on using your Bitcoins Book with Bitcoin Option with CheapAir
- Weekend Hotels Deal
- Expedia is a comparison website that searches for millions of flights. Once you find your best deal, book directly through the airline (No extra fees).
Car Rental Bookings
- RentalCars.com is the world’s biggest car rental booking service that compares all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Alamo, and Europcar.
- For transport to and from the airport and various locations try Con-x-ion shuttles. We use them all the time to go to Gold coast airport and they’re great. Book your tickets here
- Viator– Use Reserve Now & Pay Later to secure the activities you don’t want to miss without being locked in.
- Get your Guide – Discover unforgettable travel experiences
- Uncovering the Mysteries of Santorini: An Extraordinary Vacation on a Greek Island-Santorini, Greece
- Mont Blanc, Switzerland– An Exotic Swiss beauty
The Charm of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast: A Hidden Gem of Europe” [The Hidden Charm of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast]
- Keukenhof, Netherlands– for beautiful tulip gardens
- Discovering the Enchantment of Italy’s Amalfi Coast: A Paradise in the Mediterranean
- Dubrovnik, Croatia– best for Sculptural details and stunning architecture, spectacular churches, museums
The Beauty of the Azores: A Hidden Island Destination in Europe” [The Secret Island Destination of the Azores]
- Bergen, Norway Graet for Natural beauty, great hiking facilities, cultural life and local music scene.
- Nuuk, Greenland– for Museums, Whale watching, guided tours, sailing, hiking, skiing and marathon running
A Vacation in the Balearic Islands: A Calming and Breathtaking Experience
- Mont St. Michel, France– historic importance as a mediaeval city, with its majestic Gothic abbey.
The Peaceful Charm of Portugal’s Algarve Coast,” which is located in the country of Portugal.
- Aberdeenshire, Scotland– For Its castles, whisky distilleries, golf, scenic beauty, snowboarding and skiing facilities. A great spot for a short break.
- The Enchanted Isle of Madeira: A Hidden Treasure of Europe”; “The Hidden Treasure of Europe
Getaway to the Mysterious Islands of the Mediterranean: A Vacation in Corsica
- Explore the Pristine Beauty of Greece’s Aegean Islands on Your Next Vacation
An Adventure in the Canaries: Discovering the Exotic Side of Spain.” “An Adventure in the Canaries.
Before you travel to Europe, make sure you don’t overlook these three vital considerations:
Get travel insurance! I have complete faith in Essential Travel -Insurance, and I have nothing but positive things to say about them.
They offer three policy options: bronze, silver, and gold, with gold being the most expensive and providing the most coverage.
In addition to the standard coverage, they take care of things like flight delays and cancellations, unexpected medical expenses, and misplaced luggage (as per the policy type selected). And the lowest price for one of their Bronze plans is just $39.56 for a young couple valid for up to 22 days of a Trip( For Example).
To purchase your Essential Travel Medical Insurance, click on the link provided and save up to 50% of holiday add-ons.
If you are not keen to drive in Europe, , you can use the OMIO.com website to purchase train tickets between the city and for day trips.
The OMIO website also allows you to book train tickets between the cities and other destinations.
It is quite simple, and it is in the English language.
Visit my Travel Gear and Resources Page to see what I think are the best travel tools and services that can help you plan your trip.
I hope you find this information useful.
Uncovering the Mysteries of Santorini: An Extraordinary Vacation on a Greek Island-Santorini, Greece
Because of its breathtaking landscapes, picturesque villages, and significant cultural history, the Greek island of Santorini is a well-liked vacation spot. During your time on the Greek island of Santorini, be sure to check out some of these popular attractions and activities:
- Explore the ancient remains of Akrotiri, a Minoan village that was buried by an explosion of a volcano many thousands of years ago. This site is one of the archaeological sites that you should see.
- Explore the villages: Take a leisurely stroll around the picture-perfect villages of Oia and Fira, which are famous for their whitewashed homes, blue-domed churches, and spectacular vistas of the Aegean Sea.
- Pay a visit to the beaches: Spend the day at one of the beaches with black sand, such as Perissa or Kamari, or head to Red Beach, which is famous for its distinctive red sand and breathtaking rock formations.
- Take a beautiful walk along the caldera: A walk along the caldera will reward you with breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea and the islands that are located in the surrounding area.
- Delight in the delicacies of the region: Taste some of the regional specialities, such as the fresh seafood, Greek salads, and tomato balls that Santorini is so famous for.
- Soothe your body in the healing waters of the hot springs at Therma or the sulphur springs in Palea Kameni. Both of these springs are located in Palea Kameni.
- Island hopping is a fun activity that will provide you with a new perspective of the Aegean Sea. You may take a boat tour to the adjacent islands of Thirassia, Anafi, and Ios.
- These are just a few of the many sights and activities that may be enjoyed while visiting the Greek island of Santorini. Every kind of traveller can find something to their liking in Santorini, whether they want to relax, go on adventures, or do both.
Mont Blanc, Switzerland– An Exotic Swiss beauty
The Mont Blanc region of Switzerland is a well-known tourist attraction due to the breathtaking alpine scenery, numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation, and general attractiveness of the region. When planning a trip to Mont Blanc, be sure to check out some of these popular attractions and activities before you go:
- Enjoy the great outdoors by going hiking and discovering some of the many beautiful mountain trails and mountain routes, such as the well-known Tour du Mont Blanc and the Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve.
- Take a trip on a gorgeous train: the Mont Blanc Express travels from Chamonix to Martigny, and along the way, passengers are treated to stunning views of the Swiss Alps.
- Explore the mountain villages: Visit the picturesque alpine communities of Chamonix, Courmayeur, and Verbier, which are famous for the historic architecture, regional gastronomy, and panoramic splendour of the area.
- Visit during the winter months to participate in various winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding, and other winter activities in the mountains that surround the area.
- Take a ride on a picturesque cable car: A journey on the Aiguille du Midi cable car will reward you with breathtaking views of the Mont Blanc massif and the mountains in the surrounding area.
- Explore the glaciers: The Mer de Glace and the Argentière Glacier are two of the greatest glaciers in the Swiss Alps, and both can be found in Switzerland.
- Participate in paragliding activities, such as going on a tandem flight with an experienced pilot to get a birds-eye perspective of the Mont Blanc massif and the surrounding Alps.
These are just a few of the many sights and activities that may be enjoyed when visiting the Mont Blanc region of Switzerland.
There is something for every type of traveller to do at Mont Blanc, whether they want to enjoy the thrill of outdoor activities, rest in the beauty of the alpine scenery, or explore the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Croatia- The Charm of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast: A Hidden Gem of Europe” [The Hidden Charm of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast]
The Dalmatian Coast of Croatia is a very popular tourist destination thanks to its breathtaking coastline, picturesque fishing villages, and extensive cultural history. When planning a trip to the Dalmatian Coast, these are some of the best things to do and places to see that you shouldn’t miss:
- Explore the historic cities, such as the old city of Dubrovnik, which is famous for its city walls that have been carefully conserved, its mediaeval architecture, and its abundant cultural assets.
- Visit the breathtaking beaches: Spend the day unwinding on one of the numerous breathtaking beaches along the coast, including Zlatni Rat on the island of Bra and Banje Beach in Dubrovnik. Both of these beaches are located in Dubrovnik.
- Delight in the delicacies of the region: Try some of the regional specialities, such as fresh seafood, olive oil, and wine produced in the area.
- Explore the coastline as well as the adjacent islands on a boat excursion, including the Pakleni Islands and the Elaphiti Islands, both of which are included in the tour.
- Pay a visit to the national parks: the Plitvice Lakes National Park and the Krka National Park are two of the most beautiful parks in the country and are famous for the waterfalls, lakes, and diverse landscapes that they contain.
- Explore the surrounding islands by going island hopping: Hvar, Korula, and Vis are all close by and will provide you with a unique perspective of the Dalmatian Coast.
- Explore the ancient fortifications: Visit the mediaeval fortresses of St. Ivan and Bokar in Dubrovnik, as well as the ancient fortifications of Hvar and Korula.
These are only a few of the numerous attractions and activities that can be found along the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia. The Dalmatian Coast offers something to offer any traveller, whether they are looking to rest, explore, or do both of these things during their trip.
Keukenhof, Netherlands– for beautiful tulip gardens
The Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands are a well-known tourist destination thanks to the breathtaking tulip fields, beautiful flowers, and extensive horticultural history that can be found there. When planning a trip to Keukenhof, here are some of the most recommended things to do and sites to see there:
- Explore the grounds: Take a stroll around the 32 hectares of floral gardens, which feature more than 7 million tulips, hyacinths, and other spring flowers in bloom.
- Explore the indoor flower displays and exhibitions, such as the Orchid Show and the Tulip House, when you pay a visit to the glasshouses.
- Rent a bicycle and pedal through the nearby tulip fields for breathtaking vistas of the blossoming blossoms and the rest of the region.
- Get a taste of the local cuisine, which includes traditional Dutch pastries and cheese, as well as reviving drinks and snacks, and enjoy the delicious fare while you’re here.
- Take a tour of the world’s largest flower auction, which is held in Aalsmeer at the world-famous FloraHolland flower auction. This auction is the largest of its kind in the world.
- Explore the surrounding waterways on a gorgeous boat excursion, including the picturesque lakes and canals of the Netherlands, among other local waterways.
- Explore the old villages: Visit the neighbouring historic villages of Lisse and Hillegom, which are recognised for their picturesque architecture and streets that are lined with flowers.
These are just some of the various sights and activities that may be enjoyed when visiting the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.
Keukenhof offers something to offer any type of tourist, whether they are interested in nature, and flowers, or simply want to take in the splendour of springtime. Keukenhof is located in the Netherlands.
Amalfi Coast in Italy
The Amalfi Coast in Italy is a popular vacation spot due to its beautiful scenery, charming villages, and rich culture. Here are some of the best Amalfi Coast attractions:
Visit Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello, famous for their pastel-colored buildings, serpentine alleyways, and stunning views.
Eat local: Taste fresh fish, homemade pasta, and Italian sweets.
Tour the shoreline and adjacent islands, including Capri and the Grotta dello Smeraldo, aboard a boat (Emerald Grotto).
Visit Pompeii’s ruins and Sorrento’s cliffside village.
Hike the Path of the Gods and Sentiero degli Dei on the Amalfi Coast.
Visit the beaches: Relax on the Spiaggia delle Sirene or Spiaggia Grande.
Drive the Amalfi Coast’s winding roads to see the beach and mountains.
The Amalfi Coast in Italy has various sights and activities. The Amalfi Coast has something for everyone—relax, explore, or both.
Wrapping Up Note
It’s time to start making plans for your summer vacation in Europe!
I really hope that you were able to get a lot of ideas for your next summer vacation in Europe from the destinations that were listed above because they represented the very finest places to visit in Europe during the summer.
Check out the piece I wrote on my blog about the greatest places to travel in Europe during the fall if you are unsure as to whether summer is the ideal season to visit or if you just want to avoid the crowds!
Articles Related to Summer Travel
- 7+ Summer Travel Outfits for women & teens
- Pack These Travel Must-Haves
- Best European summer destinations
- Best Travel dresses for summer in 2023
About the Author: Div Acharya
Div is an entrepreneur, influencer, blogger, marketer, & fashionista.
Div loves Blogging about Lifestyle, Fashion, Style, Travel, Gift Ideas, Home decor Finds and house-buying tips and hacks from her own experience. Hence, Div wants to share her joy and interests with as many people as she can.