Biking Tours Paris:
Discover the City of Lights on two wheels with biking tours in Paris. In this guide, we’ll explore the best ways to experience Paris through various biking tour options, including guided tours, self-guided tours, and bike rentals.
Uncover hidden gems, historical landmarks, and breathtaking views as you pedal your way through this enchanting city.
🌎👉🏻This post forms part of my Comprehensive Paris Tours GUIDE- 💡Paris Tours Ultimate Guide | Best Tours, Hidden Gems, Attractions & More
Why Choose a Biking Tour in Paris?
Biking tours in Paris are an excellent way to explore the city at your own pace. With a wide variety of options available, you can customize your experience to suit your interests and skill level.
Cycling allows you to avoid traffic congestion and navigate through narrow streets, ensuring a more intimate and authentic experience of Paris.
Types of Biking Tours in Paris:
a. Guided Tours
Guided biking tours in Paris offer a well-planned, informative experience led by experienced tour guides. They will help you navigate the city, share fascinating stories and historical insights, and ensure your safety throughout the journey.
b. Self-Guided Tours
Self-guided bike tours give you the freedom to create your own itinerary and explore the city at your own pace. Many tour operators provide detailed maps, suggested routes, and even GPS devices to assist you on your adventure.
c. Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are perfect for those who prefer a more spontaneous and independent experience. With numerous bike rental shops across Paris, you can easily rent a bike and start exploring the city on your terms.
Top 5 Paris Biking Tours:
- Paris Highlights Bike Tour
- Paris Night Bike Tour
- Versailles Bike Tour
- Paris Street Art Bike Tour
- Paris Food and Wine Bike Tour
Paris Bike Tour Itinerary
Discover the best of Paris on a one-day bike tour itinerary, taking you through the most iconic landmarks, picturesque neighborhoods, and hidden gems.
This cycling adventure is perfect for those who want to explore the City of Lights at their own pace while enjoying the freedom of two wheels. Follow our recommended itinerary or customize it to suit your interests and time constraints.
Paris Bike Tour Itinerary:
- Start at Notre-Dame Cathedral Begin your bike tour at the iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and a symbol of Parisian history. Snap a few photos and enjoy the view of the Seine River before setting off on your adventure.
- Ride through the Latin Quarter Cycle through the historic Latin Quarter, famous for its narrow streets, bustling cafés, and charming atmosphere. Stop by the Shakespeare and Company bookstore for a literary break or grab a coffee at one of the nearby cafés.
- Explore the Luxembourg Gardens Head to the Luxembourg Gardens, a beautiful and peaceful oasis in the heart of Paris. Take a break to stroll through the manicured lawns, admire the stunning Medici Fountain, and watch locals play pétanque.
- Discover Saint-Germain-des-Prés Pedal your way to the elegant neighborhood of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, known for its art galleries, high-end boutiques, and historic literary cafés. Visit the iconic Café de Flore and Les Deux Magots, where renowned writers and philosophers once gathered.
- Cycle along the Seine River Follow the scenic cycling paths along the Seine River, taking in breathtaking views of the city’s most famous landmarks, including the Louvre, the Musée d’Orsay, and the Eiffel Tower.
- Admire the Eiffel Tower No visit to Paris is complete without a stop at the Eiffel Tower. Take a break to admire the iconic structure and snap some photos before continuing your journey.
- Explore the Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe Ride down the famous Champs-Élysées, lined with luxury shops, theaters, and cafés. At the end of the avenue, you’ll find the majestic Arc de Triomphe, a symbol of French triumph and history.
- Relax at the Tuileries Garden End your bike tour at the Tuileries Garden, a vast and serene green space that once belonged to the royal palace. Relax on the lawn, enjoy the sculptures and fountains, or grab a snack at a nearby café before returning your bike.
Best Cycling Routes Paris
Paris, a city rich in history, culture, and stunning architecture, is best explored on two wheels. The city’s expanding network of cycling lanes and bike-friendly infrastructure make it easier than ever to discover Paris by bike. Here are some of the best cycling routes in Paris, catering to different interests and skill levels, ensuring a memorable experience for everyone.
- The Scenic Seine River Route
Distance: 10 km (one way) Level: Easy
This picturesque route follows the banks of the Seine River, offering breathtaking views of iconic landmarks such as Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, and the Eiffel Tower. The well-maintained cycling paths and flat terrain make it a leisurely ride suitable for all skill levels. Start at the Île Saint-Louis and follow the river westward, crossing bridges and discovering hidden spots along the way.
- The Royal Route: From Louvre to Versailles
Distance: 25 km (one way) Level: Moderate
This historic route takes you from the heart of Paris to the opulent Palace of Versailles. Start at the Louvre and follow the Seine River southwest, passing through picturesque neighborhoods and lush parks. The route features several inclines, making it ideal for intermediate cyclists. Once at Versailles, explore the majestic palace and its expansive gardens before returning to Paris.
- The Bohemian Canal Route
Distance: 8 km (round trip) Level: Easy
Explore the trendy Canal Saint-Martin and its vibrant surroundings on this short, leisurely ride. Begin at the Place de la République and follow the canal north, passing through lively neighborhoods filled with eclectic shops, street art, and charming cafés. The flat terrain makes it suitable for beginners, and the route offers plenty of opportunities to stop and enjoy the atmosphere.
- The Montmartre Hill Challenge
Distance: 5 km (round trip) Level: Challenging
For a more challenging ride, tackle the steep streets of Montmartre, the famous bohemian neighborhood home to the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. Start at the base of the hill and zigzag your way up through narrow streets, staircases, and hidden alleys. The stunning panoramic views from the top make the climb well worth the effort.
- The Green Getaway: Bois de Boulogne and Bois de Vincennes
Distance: 30 km (round trip) Level: Moderate
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city with a ride through Paris’s largest green spaces, Bois de Boulogne and Bois de Vincennes.
Begin at the Trocadéro Gardens and head west to the Bois de Boulogne, where you can explore its lakes, gardens, and the famous Château de Bagatelle.
Then, cycle eastward to the Bois de Vincennes, discovering its medieval fortress, botanical gardens, and serene lakes.
Essential Tips for a Successful Biking Tour in Paris:
- Choose the right biking tour for your interests and skill level.
- Book your tour or rental in advance, especially during peak tourist season.
- Familiarize yourself with Parisian traffic rules and biking etiquette.
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear for a safe and enjoyable ride.
- Bring a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
where to get Biking Tours in Paris
Where to Get Biking Tours in Paris: Top Providers for an Unforgettable Experience
Paris is a city best explored on two wheels, and with numerous biking tour providers, there’s an option to suit every traveler’s interests and skill level.
From guided group tours to self-guided adventures, these top providers offer unforgettable biking experiences that will allow you to discover the City of Lights in a unique and immersive way.
Fat Tire Tours
Fat Tire Tours is one of the most popular biking tour providers in Paris, offering a wide variety of options, including guided day and night tours, as well as excursions to nearby Versailles.
Their experienced guides will lead you through the city, sharing fascinating stories and insights about the history and culture of Paris.
Blue Fox Travel
Blue Fox Travel offers small-group biking tours, allowing for a more intimate and personalized experience. Their knowledgeable guides will take you through the city’s most famous landmarks, as well as off-the-beaten-path locations.
They also offer a unique Electric Bike Tour, perfect for those who want to cover more ground with ease.
Bike About Tours
Bike About Tours specializes in small-group, English-speaking guided tours of Paris and its surroundings.
They offer various options, including tours focused on history, street art, and even a family-friendly ride. With a focus on local experiences and hidden gems, Bike About Tours provides an authentic and memorable adventure.
Paris Bike Tour
Paris Bike Tour offers a range of guided biking tours in multiple languages, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable experience for every traveler.
Their tour options include classic routes, as well as themed tours, such as the Gourmet Bike Tour, which introduces you to Parisian cuisine while exploring the city.
For a self-guided biking tour, consider using the Vélib’ Métropole bike-sharing system. With thousands of bikes available throughout the city, you can easily rent a bike, create your own itinerary, and explore Paris at your own pace.
While Vélib’ doesn’t offer guided tours, you can find numerous recommended routes and itineraries online to help you plan your adventure.
Biking tours in Paris offer a unique and immersive way to explore the City of Lights. Whether you prefer a guided tour, a self-guided adventure, or simply renting a bike, there’s a perfect option for every traveler.
Don’t miss the opportunity to uncover hidden gems, historical landmarks, and breathtaking views as you pedal your way through this enchanting city.
About the Author: Div Acharya
Div is an entrepreneur, influencer, blogger, marketer, & fashionista.
Div loves Blogging about Travel, Lifestyle, Fashion, Style, decor Gift Ideas, Home decor Finds from her own experience. Hence, Div wants to share her joy and interests with as many people as she can.