Best European summer destinations
This post contains affiliate links, which means we'll receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read the disclosure here.
You’ve decided to take the plunge and travel around Europe this summer, right? Yes, you will find out some amazing things.
We can help you plan your summer vacation in Europe if you haven’t settled on a specific itinerary or specific cities to visit.
🌐 This post forms part of the Planning a trip to Europe guide that helps you to explore hotels, Travel essentials, and Top attractions . To Make Hotel reservations in advance & Save Money also 🧳Pack wisely. Plus Explore Unusual Europe Holiday Destinations and Hidden gems of Europe, Bon voyage!
Choosing just a handful of summer destinations in Europe, one of the world’s most historically rich and culturally diverse regions, can be difficult.
What factors do you consider?
What are you leaving out? It was difficult for us as well, but we finally settled on these 15 incredible locations that you simply must see.
We’ve compiled a list of the top European travel destinations for the summer.
Table of Contents
What are the Best European summer destinations
- Mykonos, Greece
- Barcelona, Spain
- Pula, Croatia
- Rome, Italy
- Athens, Greece
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Paris, France
- Santorini, Greece
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Provence, France
- Budapest, Hungary
- Constanta & Mamia, Romania
- Faroe Islands, Denmark
Before traveling to Europe make sure you have made the following arrangements..
- ✈️ Find out how to find & Compare cheap flights or find deals now
- 🌐 Book your accommodation through Booking.com
- 🌐 Be insured before your trip and Get travel insurance! I have complete faith in InsuBuy Travel Insurance and I have nothing but positive things to say about them.
- Car Rentals – Use Discovery Cars – Click Link Here
- 🔰 Read destination reviews and other travellers tips on TripAdvisor
- 💠 Find awesome and hassle-free tours through GetYourGuide
- 🚕 If you are not keen to drive in Europe, you can use the OMIO.com website to purchase train tickets between the city and for day trips The OMIO website also allows you to book train tickets between the cities and other destinations. It is quite simple, and it is in the English language.
- 📍Explore the surrounding areas on an epic road trip with Auto Europe
Visit my Travel Gear and Resources Page to see what I think are the best travel tools and services that can help you plan your trip. I hope you find this information useful.
Mykonos is one of those travel places that will have you smitten the moment you set foot on the island. It is imperative that you go during the warm summer months.
Between the months of June and September, Mykonos experiences its nicest weather, with temperatures averaging between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius; this time of year is ideal for going swimming or sunbathing.
Nevertheless, this Greek island is home to a lot more than just beautiful beaches, mouthwatering cuisine, and refreshing cocktails. During your vacation, you will have the opportunity to visit a number of wonderful attractions, including those listed below.
- Your options for spending the summer in Europe are abundant, and one of those options is a trip to the island of Mykonos. Now is the time to clear your calendar and get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
- The Paraportiani Church is one of the most well-known and frequently photographed churches in Greece. This is mostly attributable to the church’s breathtaking architecture.
- The windmills are a well-known symbol of Mykonos and played an important role in the economy of the island in the past.
- Plan to spend at least an hour or two in the Archeological Museum so that you may get a look at some of the ancient artefacts that are on display there. These artefacts date from the Prehistoric period all the way up to the Hellenistic period.
Things to do In Mykonos, Greece
Barcelona, one of the most jaw-dropping cities in Europe, both because of its architecture and its dynamic culture, takes the top spot in our list of the best summer destinations in Europe.
What is the weather like in Barcelona during the summer?
During the summer, when temperatures are between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius, Barcelona is an incredible pleasure to visit.
August is the warmest month of the year, but it is also one of the greatest times to take a stroll along those lengthy but effervescent streets or enjoy a couple of days at the beach.
What are the city’s most popular attractions and activities?
If you have made the decision to travel to Barcelona during the summer, there are a few key locations that you simply cannot afford to bypass while you are there.
- Barcelona: Montjuïc Cable Car Roundtrip -Travel on the recently refurbished Montjuïc Cable Car with this roundtrip. Admire the city sights and views of the sea as you soar to the top of the hill of Montjuïc.
- Visit Park Güell, one of Gaudí’s major works in Barcelona. Take in spectacular views of Barcelona and explore this stunning green space that’s surrounded by modernist architecture.
- Gain access to Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, and explore Barcelona’s most-visited landmark at your own pace with an informative audio guide.
- Tour Camp Nou, the largest stadium in Europe, and visit the museum to learn all about FC Barcelona. Walk in the footsteps of legendary players on this tour designed for football fans.
Pula , Coatia
Pula, which is located in Croatia, is without a doubt one of the most stunning vacation spots in all of Europe.
You can look forwards to visiting a stunning ancient old town on this excursion, as well as the well-known amphitheatre that Croatia is famed for.
This predates the time of the Romans and can even be likened to the Arena that was located in Rome. But the Pula landmark isn’t the only thing in the city centre that’s worth seeing; there are plenty of other Roman buildings and temples waiting for you there as well.
The city’s winding backstreets and charming public squares are also quite photogenic; in either of these settings, you can sip a refreshing drink or indulge in a sweet treat while taking in the breathtaking vistas that come with summertime.
During the summer months, there is frequently live music and a lot of other activities.
A further feature that contributes to Pula’s allure as a vacation spot during the warmer months is the city’s abundance of stunning coves and beaches.
They are located outside of the city and offer a delightful escape into the wonderful scenery and landscapes of the surrounding area.
Ideal if you want to kick back and relax for a few days while also getting in some sightseeing and adventure activities.
Things to do in Pula
Rome , Italy
Rome is often regarded as one of the finest locations in all of Europe in which to spend a vacation, and the reasons for this are manifold: the city is home to some of the world’s finest examples of food, art, history, and architecture.
Because the weather is warm to hot between the months of June through September, with temperatures ranging between 28 and 31 degrees Celsius, travelling to this European metropolis during the summer is an absolute need.
What kinds of activities are available throughout the summer in Rome?
Because there are so many things to do in Rome, we strongly suggest staying there for at least two or three days.
This will allow you to pack as much as you possibly can into your itinerary during your time there. The following items are at the top of our list:
Athens, which is not only one of the richest cities in the world in terms of history and archaeology, but also in terms of nightlife and delicious cuisine, takes the next slot on our list of the best summer destinations in Europe.
How does the weather often behave in Athens in the summertime?
It can get fairly warm in Athens during the summertime, so you should make sure to carry clothing that is extra light and made from cotton or linen.
The months of June through August have average high temperatures between 29 and 32 degrees Celsius, with the warmest month being July.
Things do in Athens, Greece
Prague, Czech Republic
When summer comes around, one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe to visit is Prague.
This stunning European centre, also known as “The City of a Hundred Spires,” is begging to be discovered and rightfully deserves the moniker.
There are over 9-10 million people that go there each year in the hopes of absorbing the place’s dramatic past, which can be felt in every alley and piece of building.
Things to do in Prague, Czech Republic
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Paris is one of the top contenders on our list, should it?
This lovely city is still in the epicentre of art, culture, and gastronomy; yet, during the summer months, its beauty truly shines through, reminding us all why it is considered to be one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe.
🌐 This post forms part of Planning a trip to Paris guide that helps you to explore hotels, ITINERARIES, Restaurants, and Top attractions and Make reservations in advance & Save Money also 🧳Pack wisely. Bon voyage!
What’s the weather like in Paris during summer
It is reasonable to assume that the weather in the summer (June-August), when temperatures range from 24-26 degrees Celsius, is quite comfortable, making it the best season to discover all that Paris has to offer because of the beautiful weather.
Paris Travel Guide Related Articles:
- UNVEILING THE HIDDEN GEMS IN PARIS: BEYOND THE CITY OF LIGHTS
- 📍💡Discovering Parisian Luxury: Your Ultimate Guide to the Best Hotels in Paris
- Discover Paris from the Water: Unforgettable Boat Tours on the Seine
- Disneyland Paris Star Tours: Embark on an Intergalactic Adventure
- The Photography tours in Paris
- Paris After Dark: Unforgettable Night Tours in Paris
- Discover the City of Lights: Exciting Segway Tours in Paris
The following are some of our top suggestions for what you can do in your trip to Paris during the summer:
Things to do in Paris during summer
The island of Santorini in Greece is often regarded as both one of the most romantic and gorgeous summer destinations in all of Europe.
Because there won’t be as many cruise ships in port this summer as there have been in previous summers, Santorini is going to be a far more pleasant place to visit.
This is especially true of the stunning village of Oia, which is widely considered to be the most elegant and photographed location on the island.
Make sure to stroll down the many wide steps to little Ammoudi Bay, where you may swim, snorkel, dive, or just enjoy delicious seafood right by the ocean in the restaurants that are located in the bay’s very tiny coves.
An unforgettable moment can be had by witnessing the sun set over the caldera, the volcano, and the Aegean Sea all at the same time.
Experiences like as sailing around Santorini, climbing from Fira to Oia, and discovering the historic towns in the island’s centre, such as Megalochori, are all things that should not be missed!
Things do in Santorini, Greece in summer
Your trip to Lisbon, Portugal will be one of the most memorable vacations of your life. The weather couldn’t be more ideal!
Even if the sun is still out, the temperature is pleasant and pleasant at 22 degrees Celsius, and the sun is not very intense so that standing in it will not cause you to overheat. However, when you get further away from the city, you may find that certain areas are quite windy.
The Tower of Belem, Boca de Inferno, and the jaw-dropping architecture are just a few of the many amazing places that can be visited here in Rio de Janeiro.
In addition to this, there is Roca da Cabo, which holds the distinction of being the most westerly point on the entire European continent. And the image appears to have been taken from a postcard!
Things to do in Lisbon, Portugal in the summer
Wrapping Up Note
It’s time to start making plans for your summer vacation in Europe!
I really hope that you were able to get a lot of ideas for your next summer vacation in Europe from the destinations that were listed above because they represented the very finest places to visit in Europe during the summer.
Check out the piece I wrote on my blog about the greatest places to travel in Europe during the fall if you are unsure as to whether summer is the ideal season to visit or if you just want to avoid the crowds!
Articles Related to Summer Travel
- 7+ Summer Travel Outfits for women & teens
- Pack These Travel Must-Haves
- How to Prepare for Summer Fashion
- 5 Summer Picnic Staples
- Best European summer destinations
- Best Travel dresses for summer in 2023
- The Ultimate weekend trip packing list for Family
- 👜One day trip packing list : The ultimate Packing list for your day trip.
- Travel in Style: Must-Have Bags for the Fashion-Forward Explorer
- Travel Smart, Travel Prepared: Must-Have International Travel Essentials
- 💡✈️Travel Essentials – Your Ultimate Packing Guide for a Stress-Free Trip
About the Author: Div Acharya
Div is an entrepreneur, influencer, blogger, marketer, & fashionista.
Div loves Blogging about Travel, Lifestyle, Fashion, Style, decor Gift Ideas, Home decor Finds from her own experience. Hence, Div wants to share her joy and interests with as many people as she can.