Are online digital marketing courses worth it- Honest review
While digital marketing is still a young field, Some people look for courses, to introduce the subject and deepen their knowledge.
A full understanding of the fundamental factors that become part of lead creation isn’t more trivial, and training is one of the most important things you need to do so.
Moreover, there are always new improvements and technologies to learn, so there is always something new to discover.
Yes! But Its not always Necessary to get in to any course.You can do the Learnings with Youtube Videos and loads of Free or Nominal priced eBooks( ebooks less than $20)
This Blog will Explain why its not necessary to take these Expensive Online courses that tells you that they make you an expert and How you can Learn Digital marketing without going for any expensive courses.
Agree! there are good Online Courses that can help , whatever expensive the course is , it you that is going to work hard and make it happen.
Related articles to assist you in improving your blogging abilities:
Digital Marketing is a highly ‘in-demand’ skill
Digital Marketing is a highly ‘in-demand’ skill in today’s time for the reason that nowadays almost every business is focused on having an online presence and to have a dominant market share in the products/services they offer, they spend heavily on marketers that can promote their offerings well and to a wide audience.
See, acquiring skills in Digital Marketing is a relatively easy task and the domain can be successfully mastered in a short span of time.
However, there is a caveat. As a beginner, much of the learner’s interest in the subject lies in the hands of the tutor and the manner in which the course is delivered to the learner.
Inefficient coaching can pretty quickly lead the learner to lose interest in the subject, in worst cases, this can completely alter the direction of one’s career.
What is Digital Marketing?Why is it important to learn Digital Marketing?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing means promotion. In this, you have to do the promotion of products and services using digital platforms like mobile phones, display advertising, social media, internet, etc. Hence it is essential for every business.
Why is it important to learn Digital Marketing?
As per my research what I found more than fifty percent of the entire population of the world are using the internet.
Technologies are increasing rapidly. The world is getting digital all around.
People are spending most of the time in the world of the internet.
This is the best opportunity for marketers to target the right audience.
Everyone knows if the usage of internet increasing demand for digital marketing also increases.
Is Digital Marketing Coursese worth it?
There is no direct Yes or No answer to this question.
There is a lot of buzz around digital marketing, I see that a lot of people are talking about Digital Marketing.
Let me give you some numbers:
95% of digital marketers in the world are self-taught and have not done a paid or structured course.
But the above number was 100% a few years ago, so this tells you that there are now marketers who are learning from structured courses.
The number of self-taught digital marketers will keep coming down as more and more people are required in this rapidly growing industry.
There are reasons why people prefer being self-taught digital marketers:
- Lack of good courses available in the market and Free content on YouTube, Google etc. was enough for people to get a basic understanding
- The number of sources where you could market digitally was extremely limited, as the number of channels increase, so does the complexity of learning them.
- Courses were not offering hands-on training on campaigns. The single most crucial thing for becoming a good digital marketer is to get your hands dirty in the execution of campaigns.
- Traditional marketing professors were teaching Digital Marketing with the same philosophy. This did not go well, as digital marketing is all about innovation and breaking traditional marketing rules.
The above gaps are now being filled by the industry slowly but surely:
- There are exhaustive online courses that teach you all the tools in a structured learning format, with hands-on execution level learning and industry-relevant learning outcomes.
- A lot of current digital marketers are teaching in these courses, which gives you actual industry insight on how things work.
The demand for Digital Marketers is growing at such a rapid pace that learning in a structured format is becoming extremely crucial as it is the sure-shot way to upskill quickly.
You do not have the luxury of time anymore to learn at your own pace.
It can be a free course or a paid course but something that brings everything together, few elements to look out for in a course are:
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Basics of Digital Marketing – how the main sources like Google, Facebook and Twitter work
- Gives you hands-on projects to implement your knowledge – this can be used to showcase your skills to employers during interviews.
What is the cost or average fee for a digital marketing course?
There are many Digital Marketing courses available in the market that you can pursue to make yourself Skilled in this field and Enhance your career.
It is important to know about the Average fee structure you need to spend when you are going a course in Digital Marketing.
The first important point that I would like to share with you all that everyone who wants to Kickstart their career in Digital Marketing must have a Question that whether to choose an Online/Offline or Free/paid courses .
According to my personal experience, I would like to suggest you to go ahead with Online Programs are they are much Cost Effective as compared to Offline classroom training.
Here’s the reason why its too cost-effective:
- It’s too time-consuming as you don’t have to travel Long Distances for your classes. You can easily attend the classes from the comfort of your home.
- You don’t have to worry if you miss your classes due to any problem. The online sessions provide you with every recorded session which you can go through if you miss it.
- The class timings of Online sessions are kept fixed so that students don’t face any problem.
Another most important question that every student has in their mind is the Average Fee for Digital Marketing Courses.
So, let me tell you that the cost of a Digital Marketing course ranges from $200 and can go up to $1000+ depending on Who is behind the course and the courses they provide.
Generally, the Institutes that price ranges from $200-$500 have a High probability of being fake and authentic.
People usually get trapped in it thinking that the Higher Priced courses might provide them more Benefits. But its not correct. there are Hundreds of Free Youtube Channels and eBOOK that can make you expert in Digital marketing.
Mostly, you can go ahead with Courses which price ranges from $300-$500 because these Courses provide you with all the facilities and training that is required to be a Digital Marketer.
Still, I would recommend you to check the Course Owners past records, Reviews, Assistance, and their Course Modules before taking admission into that Institute.
Information is Always FREE! You dont need to pay High prices for your Courses.
How to Choose the Digital Marketing Courses
Digital marketing courses are available in abundance these days. Some are highly expensive, and while the others are extremely cheaper.
Now, the biggest question is which one to go for.
From my experience, I would suggest, it is better to opt for a decent amount of research before choosing the right course for yourself.
Also, the most important thing here is that you don’t have to focus much on the cost parameters if you are getting to learn the subject from the best industry experts.
All you investment would be returned and paid off if you get to join a good-paying job at a great organization.
Thus, it is more important to focus on various other parameters than simply look at the cost factor of the courses.
However, just for your kind information, the average cost of a good and highly reputed digital marketing course lies anywhere between $600-$1000 depending upon the age of the Course owner Experience and many other factors.
In fact, you should do a research on the various Courses falling under this range.
It is better to look at their reviews from their previous students, and other people, or even take recommendations from the people you know who have already been here in this industry.
Having said that, here are a few other important things you should take into consideration before joining any course on digital marketing:
- Make sure they are quite an expert in the digital marketing and have been around for quite a while to help you with their exposure and experience in the field.
- Make sure they have the best industry experts as their trainers to help you with their brilliant knowledge base and give you an insider’s perspective on the subject as well.
- Make sure they offer you a holistic and more streamlined course that would take you through the entire subject from scratch.
- Also, make sure they finish the course within a span of like 4-6 months.
- Make sure that they offer you the best quality certifications on the course that would help you build a Business further.
Why is Digital Marketing Over Promoted?
- It’s easy to teach: Unlike, our CAT Coaching at IIM SKILLS or CPA Finance Courses, Digital Marketing is the easiest subject to teach.
- Everyone is Expert: If you want to Master Medical Degree you need to spend several years in the medical industry, however, in the digital marketing industry once you learn basics of it you can start your own institute hardly in 20 days. So calling an Expert in this industry is Easy.
- If a friend has introduced you, then, believe me, someone has also guided him like you and its a chain…. Final Sources No One Knows.
Ask yourself, Why Do I need a course? The Person who is advising me, is he also a marketer who is selling his own courses? How good the Course seller is , is he/she making money?
Do I need a Course?
I have met many people in the last 10 years who asked me for my advice around their Business marketing. I always have one cross-question to ask, Who and How you come to know about Digital Marketing term.
Do I need a Course?
No (if you are good in self-learning)
How Do I find I am good at self-learning or not?
Download a course brochure of any Digital Marketing Course then try to learn everything from Youtube first.
Or Buy Books on digital marketing or even Buy eBooks that costs you Less than $20.
My advice is to Get a inexpensive course from a Reasonably good Digital Marketer , Learn Most for the Free Info Available on Youtube and Buy some of the available ebooks.
Is it worth taking a course in digital marketing?
Is it worth taking a course in digital marketing? Are there any benefits from learning digital marketing through a course and getting a certification?
The short answer to the above questions is Yes, digital marketing courses are worth it if you are NOT spending Fortune on them.
Yes! I mean that. Digital marketing is a self Learnable skill.
You need not spend large amount of money on the courses when you can do the learnings with Free Youtube channels or even Inexpensive eBooks.
I’ve been a digital marketing professional since 5 years and during my career, I’ve been involved deeply in digital marketing Courses .
The long answer is, it depends on your primary objective from taking a digital marketing course.
Is your goal to learn digital marketing-
- To enrich your Business with a good Marketing Strategies.
- Grow Your Business ( Online or Brick & Mortar)
- To start your own Business- A Start Up
- All of the above?
And to other factors like the cost and time investment required to go through a training program.
In this post, I’ll help you decide whether you should follow a course on digital marketing by explaining the benefits of enrolling in a course, the costs involved, and what to consider before choosing a digital marketing course.
Benefits of Digital Marketing Courses
There are several advantages from following an online course, classroom training, or even ebooks, and these are not limited to digital marketing courses but are applicable to all types of structured learning.
It’s a great way to learn digital marketing
If you don’t know what digital marketing is, enrolling in a course is a great place to start. There are many courses aimed at beginners that will teach you the basics and help you get a very good idea of how digital marketing works.
It’s more efficient than spending time on Google
Nowadays when you want to learn something, the first thing that comes in mind is Google.
While this is a great method, it’s not as efficient as getting all the information you need in one place.
A well-structured digital marketing course will teach you everything you need to know without spending your time reading hundreds of random blog posts, each taking a different approach to digital marketing.
It’s good for your career
Although a certification alone does not make you a digital marketing specialist, it’s good for your career. Employers like and encourage their employees to build new skills and getting a digital marketing certification can open up new career opportunities.
It can help you get an entry-level job
When you are a beginner and have no experience, one of the ways to prove to your future employer that you have the digital marketing skills needed for the job, is to get a digital marketing certification.